Sunday 4 October 2009

The Tampax Factory

I have never been woken in a more unpleasant way. Actually, that's not true, but that's another story. I awoke on a Sunday morning to my boyfriend (still drunk) singing loudly in my ear 'Far away in The Tampax Factory, shout out your orders loud and clear...' He particularly seemed to relish the verses that were most disgusting.

Apparently this is a well known rugby song. Why rugby teams should want to sing loudly about periods, I have no idea. I can only imagine it is to re-assert their masculinity after hugging on the rugby pitch and showering together in a beautiful display of manlove. The song consists of various verses surrounding the chorus:

'Far away in the Tampax Factory,
Shout out your orders loud and clear,
We have small, medium, large, JUMBO!
We supply them all
When the end of the month comes around.'

I do give them a great deal of credit though for their imaginative verses. My favourites are:
'You can tell by the smell,
That she is not very well..'

and this one especially:

'You can tell by the smeg,
Running down her leg,
That the end of the month has come..'

Check out the full and varied verses here:

ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment